UAW Local 602 Brothers and Sisters, with the recent shutdown of LDT due to the Coronavirus, there are naturally many questions and concerns our members have. We will try to keep you as up to date with the newest confirmed information as best we can. Please understand that things are changing quickly, so be sure to check here often for the latest official updates.
Brothers and Sisters of Local 602. As of now this is what we know. This will be a temporary layoff. We do not know the date we will return as of right now. Everyone will be paid sub pay and unemployment who qualifies. We will have a total of 12 trades working 6 pipe fitters and 6 electricians. The 6 highest seniority in each trade will be working. There also will be 2 paint specialists also working and they will be the 2 highest seniority as well. I will continue to put out more information as I receive it from labor. Please be patient as things change by the hour.
Thank you, Todd Trout. Shop Chairman Local 602.
Here is what we officailly know at this time.
- Labor announced that the start of 3 shifts at LDT will be delayed. No more information is currently available as to timeframe
- Labor will be canceling everyone’s vacation week by week that we are off so no one has any issues with unemployment and sub pay.
- Those folks with less than 1 year of seniority who do not qualify for sub pay, and temps who qualify will only receive unemployment.
- GM will file unemployment for everyone.
- Those members who are in self quarantine will go to lay off status just like the rest of the membership starting Monday. We have no one as of now test positive in our plant.
- For all temporary employees who are eligible for healthcare coverage right now, GM is going to continue your insurance through the end of April.
- The labor department has agreed to allow 1 benefit rep to work. Our rep will work out of our local hall. The benefits rep will be available by phone only between 7-4 at (517) 372-4626, ext 2
- Medical will be open Monday - Friday from 6:30am-3pm for those returning from sick leave.
for unemployment information, click here
Link to log on to MIWAM (Unempoyment)